Roasted Butternut Squash and Turkey Curry
(Serves about 6)
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper (S&P)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small butternut squash, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- approx. 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 425. Once preheated, lay out butternut squash cubes on cookie sheet, toss with EVOO, S & P, and roast for about 20 minutes, until just fork tender.
- Meanwhile, brown the turkey in EVOO and season with S & P. Remove and set aside when done.
- Add more EVOO if necessary and sauté onions and red pepper, seasoning with S & P, on medium heat until onions are translucent and peppers are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another few minutes or until garlic and ginger soften, careful not to burn.
- Add curry powder and stir well.
- Add chicken stock and deglaze pan, letting liquid simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Add back in the turkey and add roasted squash. Simmer all together for about 5 minutes. Taste and add more S & P if needed.
- Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice or basmati rice, top with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!