Healthier Banana Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
- 1/3 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup local Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3 extra ripe, mashed, medium Bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp real Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon plus a little more for topping
- 1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a bread loaf pan (I sprayed with Coconut Oil cooking spray).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the oil and honey together.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add in the mashed bananas and milk and beat well.
- Add in the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon and incorporate well.
- Sift in the flour, incorporating well but not over-mixing.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and sprinkle with additional cinnamon over the top, swirling into the batter slightly if desired.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.