Coconut Curry Shrimp with Basmati Rice (serves 4)
- 2 cups cooked (according to package directions) Basmati rice
- 1 lb peeled, deveined, de-tailed (if preferred) shrimp
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- squirt of honey (optional)
- squirt of Sriracha (optional but adds a great heat!)
- juice of half a lime
- S & P
- 1-2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped and according to taste
- Cook the rice if you haven’t!
- Season shrimp with S&P and sauté in healthy cooking fat, such as Ghee or EVOO. These cook quickly so just a minute or two on each side! Remove and set aside on plate.
- Season onions with S&P and sauté, adding more fat/oil as needed, cooking for several minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add curry powder, incorporating well, and cook for another couple minutes.
- Add can of coconut milk, stirring well.
- Add honey, Sriracha, lime juice, and salt (as needed…taste as you go!), stirring well.
- Allow sauce to bubble and thicken for a few minutes before adding the cilantro and shrimp back into the pan. Cook for another minute.
- Pour over rice and enjoy!