Sun-Dried Tomato, Kale and Feta-Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (about one small onion), diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup chopped kale
- S & P
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (from the jar packed in oil), chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a medium pan, sauté onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add kale and stir until wilted, seasoning everything with S & P to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and feta to mixture in bowl.
- Melt the butter in same pan, and add breadcrumbs and oregano. Toss to combine, and turn off heat.
- Fill each chicken thigh with 1/4 of the mixture in the bowl and roll up, securing with a toothpick.
- Place stuffed chicken thighs in a sprayed baking dish and top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the chicken and filling reaches an internal temperature of 165, checking it after about 20 minutes, then every few minutes after that.