Ahhhhh. Once again it’s that time of year when the kids are out of school, the hot sun lends itself to long days spent at the pool, and the summer squash is in over-abundance. (It also just so happens to be my favorite time of year!) Ever since the first summer squash harvest from our garden (pictured below), I have been forced to get a little creative in the kitchen. And what I haven’t cooked I’ve given to neighbors and dear friends…one of my favorite aspects of having a garden. I’m excited to share some of these recipes with you and thought I’d start with my Garlic Parmesan Squash Chips. I hope you love!
Garlic Parmesan Squash Chips
- 2 Summer Squash (shown here…1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini), sliced into 1/4 inch rounds. I recommend using a mandoline, but you can certainly chop with a knife.
- Olive Oil
- S & P
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare a baking sheet. I just sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss the squash rounds in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder.
- Dip the rounds into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides. Press gently on the coating to make sure it sticks.
- Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheet and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! Obviously feel free to double, triple, quadruple…whatever you gotta do…this recipe.