I’m not sure if there are two foods that say summertime quite like creamy homemade ice cream and sweet, juicy peaches. If you live in Nashville like me, you are very well aware of where to go to get the tastiest, freshest Georgia peaches around…The Peach Truck. (And if you are not aware, you need to educate yourself ASAP 😉 This is a very quick and easy ice cream recipe and the perfect summertime treat!
GEORGIA PEACH ICE CREAM
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups peach puree (about 5 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream together eggs and sugar.
- Puree peaches in blender or food processor and mix into egg/sugar mixture.
- Stir in cream, half and half, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Freeze ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.